Friday 6 June 2014

The Monroe Legacy - G.2. Chapter 26 - There Can Only Be One

As the years rolled onwards Hallie watched her children closely, wincing at their mistakes and cheering on their successes. Their new town was beginning to feel like home and Lola was even talking about moving to join them.



Violet had grown into a confident and extroverted young woman, her conversation skills as bright as her big green eyes.

After a year rushing around Europe on her own she'd come back to Lucky Palms with a tan and a renewed determination to hit the big time. She got a job at the film studio, much to Saffron's annoyance, carrying coffee and running about after the stars. Violet schmoozed and flirted with anyone crossing her path who would get her were she wanted to go and was eventually rewarded with a walk-on part in a low-budget indie flick. She was on her way!









Gray had figured out that Aisha WAS flirting with him and the two were now a couple. She is heavily involved with the school dance team and competes a lot with them. This suits Gray fine as he has plenty of time to still obsess over cooking, their relationship is easy and low-maintenance. His GPA is great and Hallie would hardly worry about him at all except that he seems so focused on his future career that he's missing out on being a teenager, he even watches cooking tutorials as his down time. If he keeps going like he is after graduation he'll burn out by the time he's 30.







Jet is the opposite and is just a big kid, clinging to his childish ways and his imaginary friend. Though Hallie's seen him interacting with his family, his  teachers tell her that he is withdrawn and will .only. engage when the talk moves to horses or music. After a lot of thinking Hallie and Cai decide to send him to the special school. The discipline is strict, the days are structured and there is a great stable and Equestrian science facility too. Jet seems indifferent to going and Hallie hopes its the right thing to do.





.

Sienna is still a straight A student, a member of the student council and continues to excel in Chem club. Ethan is now dating Piper, Sienna is pretending not to care and secretly formulating a chemical to make her irresistible! She has made a few other friends though, Sahan from her tutor group is at the house several times a week and while Hallie keeps trying to hint to Sienna that he's flirting, Sienna only has eyes for Ethan.








Saffron is bounding through life, making and breaking friendships with her infectious personality and hot temper. She keeps begging Violet to take her to work on the weekends but her big sister has enough competition without her pushy younger sibling trying to steal her spotlight. For now Saffron is contenting herself with playing Juliet in the school production and going out with lots of different boys. She still hasn't given away her second kiss though - she's saving it for a real-life Romeo.



With Jet's departure for Fort Starch approaching and Violet starting to talk about moving out, Hallie know that the time has come to announce her heir. She's talked it through with Cai and he agrees, there's one among their children who is most capable of shouldering the responsibility but who will also benefit from the journey the legacy will bring them.



Sitting all five down the night before Jet was due to leave Hallie felt nervous as she gathered the family together. She couldn't bear the thought of any of them being upset with her decision. She took a deep breath,

'Whilst we're all here together I wanted to tell you that I have made a decision about the heir.

Violet, you've asked for your money towards an apartment, your father and I are so proud of the go-getter you're becoming. Just remember that fame is a fair-weather friend and keep your feet on the ground as you achieve the success you so deserve.

Gray, you're the hardest working kid I've ever known. Whichever restaurant or culinary school you go to will be lucky to have you,we're sure going to miss your cooking when that happens. Just remember to live as well, there is so much more to life than work.

Jet, you know that your dad and I admire your light-heartedness and optimism, we hope you never lose them even as you take up this demanding opportunity. We're going to miss you so much but you'll be back all the time and with another way of looking at life.

Sienna, you're any parents dream. Sweet-tempered, hard-working and loyal. Even at my age I can learn a lot from the way you live your life, you brighten up everywhere you go. My worry for you is that you're not letting go, worrying too much about who we want you to be. We want you to be happy, so let loose and don't be afraid to make mistakes, we'll always love you as much as we do now.

Saffron, you're our little fire-cracker. You fight for what you want and you put yourself in the way ofevery opportunity. You have tested our patience and shown us a whole new world in equal measure, you inspire people to take every chance and to run as hard as they can. Just know you don't always have to burn the brightest and blind those who want to get closer, let people see the quiet you that we see, the thoughtful you, because it is a part of you too.



With all that said you can see that each and every one of you would be a worthy heir. But there can only be one.

Saffron and Violet, we want you to be free to chase your dreams wherever they take you, you shouldn't be tied to this town. Jet, you're still finding yourself and that's what matters most. Sienna, we want you to live for you, not to follow in our footsteps and settle because it is easy.

So we have chosen Gray.

Gray, we know that your career will bring you joy and success, we think that the legacy will bring you balance and remind you that true success comes from a life that is fulfilling in many different ways.'



As Hallie finished talking Gray staggered to his feet and stumbled to hug his mom, his face a picture of shock. Violet shrugged and went to comfort Sienna who was softly crying.Saffron laughed, slightly hysterically and congratulated her brother and Jet whooped and hollered as Cai looked on smiling.

The third generation was almost ready.

-----------------------------------



7 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss Hallie. Her death will be the most heartbreaking so far. I'm glad Gray is the heir though :3 he will make a great one. Great chapter as always and I look forward for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't remind me :( I've actually dragged my heels starting Gray up becuase her bar is almost full. She'll be my first in house death that I've played from birth :(

      I was pleased with the outcome, I think Saffron would have been great but based on her traits maybe a little samey - Gray's story will have a .mystery.drama element of a completely new kind!

      Delete
  2. Ooh Gray won! Awesome. :) I'm excited to read about his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Gray! I'm excited to have a male heir aside from the fact he's a great character. A nurturing, forgetful workaholic will be a great dad - sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Ugh...I'm SO behind. Now I'm here, though. ;) I am so sad that Hallie is done. :( I can't believe I was so wrapped up in stupid mafia games (or my game...not sure which) that I missed the HEIR vote. Ugh!! I've never played someone from birth either and had them die. o_O I'm sure that is super tough. I know I'm not looking forward to Justine dying, but one of my possible heirs. Yikes! I'm with ya!

    As for Gray, I'm honestly not sure who I would have voted for, though I guess I did. I might have gone for Saffron because I like the wild ones. :) Anyway, moving on to the next chapter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! I'm sure the mafia game was a. Blast and thers neither nice votes or something to come :p I don't wanna lose Hallie, I've actually been avoiding playing the last two days but about to go in... :(

      I thought I wanted Saffron for a long time, live a redhead, love a wildchild, but I
      M actually glad now that it came out how it did. Saffron's story would be more similar to what I've done already. Grays is going to be..... Something else :p

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad Gray won the heir vote. He's so quiet that it would be interesting to see how his life unfolds. It'll be a sad day when Hallie isn't around but hopefully it'll be a while.

      Delete